(Posted on belaf of Peter McLaren)
The topic of this meeting is “Algorithms for Difficult Airway Scenarios”. Adrian Skidmore has offered to kick off the discussion with a presentation of the algorithms used in the RBH airway management workshops. I hope we will then continue on looking at some of these questions:
In the known difficult intubation patient with a full stomach, should we switch to awake fibreoptic intubation or is the use of a videolaryngoscope ‘good enough’?
- Is the morbidly obese patient any different?
- What should we do post bariatric surgery?
- What about the scleroderma patient or post-oesophagectomy patient where the amount of reflux can be uncontrollable?
- What is the current surgical approach to Ludwigs angina?
- Anything new with the trauma patient in a collar?
- How about a post-thyroidectomy bleed?
If you have ideas, protocols, experience or strong feelings on any of these scenarios, please feel free to hijack them and present them yourself.
Same format: 5.30 for 6, Boardroom, first floor, Pindara Professional Centre, 8 Carrara St, Benowa, opposite the laneway to Pindy Day, food and drink supplied, please RSVP for catering purposes, further notice in the week prior.