(Posted on behalf of Peter McLaren)
I have come up with some dates for 2016, taking into account holidays and national meetings and varying the weeks so they don’t just fall on a succession of every fourth week or those with commitments every second week miss out:
- 5th Feb
- 11th March
- 15th April
- 13th May
- 1st June
- 15th July
- 12th August
- 2nd September
- 14th Oct
- 4th November
I am not locked in to Fridays. If you wish to arrange a meeting, feel free to choose another night in the week, but if it is in the same week as these dates it will help maintain the spacing between meetings and avoid holidays. If you want my involvement, Wednesdays would also work for me. Numbers do fall off when we have competing meetings within a week or two.
I try to set the date for the difficult airway workshop first, usually in June or July, as it involves the largest number of industry reps, gives them a good lead time and being in winter, may help to coax reps from the smaller companies who may travel from down south. As regards the DAWS, Sharon handled the arrangements at Pindara, which worked well and I think it is better still using a Pindara staff member, as it does involve lines of communication within the hospital.
I am hoping that some of the dates will be claimed by reps on the theatre committees for review of clinical indicators / M&M meetings and the safety committee meetings are important as well. Those who are prepared to run workshops, are welcome to any dates except Feb and the yet to be designated DAWS.
If you have any topics you would like to address or have addressed, please let me know and the earlier the better. I am running out of ideas and enthusiasm but still feel that to not have them at all would be a blot on our professionalism. Any takers?
(Posted on behalf of Peter McLaren)
The next clinical meeting and our final one for 2015 is on ‘goal-directed fluid therapy’. A recent article in A&IC has shone light on the topic again. However, not all studies on GDFT have shown improved survival figures. Nathan Hand from Edwards will be profiling one of the latest non-invasive devices and sponsoring the meeting. We can discuss the article in A&IC. Adrian Skidmore and Hugh Stephens are unable to attend – it is that time of the year! Please come along and join the discussion.
The venue is the boardroom, Pindara Hospital, situated between the old and new wings of the building. 5.30 for 6. Food and drink supplied. RSVP for catering.
All the best for the festive season and 2016.
(From the ANZCA website)
An iPad and Android app, OvidToday, is now available to download and access the latest issues of journals such as Anesthesia & Analgesia, Anesthesiology, PAIN, and Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine. The app allows you to:
- Browse ALL the ANZCA Library’s Ovid Journal Holdings – search by A-Z journal name or by category to find journals that best fit any specialty area, such as anaesthesiology
- Intuitive Interface and Navigation – made with the busy user in mind to make reading journal articles a simple experience
- Personal Reading List – you can create a list of journals to follow that is the most relevant to your research, practice and education
- Stay Up-To-Date – the latest content from ANZCA Library’s subscribed journals is instantly on the app once on Ovid
- Read PDF articles – you can access articles while on-the-go even when you are offline
- Access Wherever You are – at home or at work
- Download the OvidToday iPad through iTunes or Android app through GooglePlay.
- Tap “Let’s get started” and follow the on-screen instructions. Contact the ANZCA Library for the log-in and password details
- Enter your Ovid Personal Account ID. If you do not have a Personal Account, OvidToday will prompt you to create one and provide easy-to-follow steps
- Start browsing favourite journals. You will have access to all the most recent issues of the ANZCA Library’s Ovid-subscribed content; new issues are added automatically once available on Ovid.
Note that the app is not yet available for Ovid online books and databases.
For password details or more information, contact the ANZCA Library Library@anzca.edu.au