Helen Crilly is running another Anaphylaxis workshop at John Flynn Hospital. This workshop is approved by ANZCA as an Emergency Response Activity for CPD purposes.
- Venue: Auditorium, John Flynn Hospital
- Date and Time: Saturday 29th July
- Cost: Nil
- Workshop description: The format involves some pre-reading, then practically using the updated anaphylaxis box to complete 3 different case scenarios in pairs, followed by a small group discussion to debrief and time for questions at the end. It will take 90 minutes.
To register, please log in and submit the form on the Anaphylaxis page.
(Posted on behalf of Peter McLaren.)
- Date: Friday 28th July, 2017
- Time: 5.30 for 6.00pm
- Topic: Nerve Block Workshop
- Presenter: Stuart Greenway from Admedus
- Venue: Gold Coast Private Hospital
Due to conflicts with every other date we could come up with, Stuart Greenway from Admedus has offered to hold a nerve block workshop in the evening on Friday, 28th July and it’s at GCPH! There will be a couple of presenters, an u/s machine and the usual food and drink. The company felt that for a workshop with small numbers and a short time, it would be difficult applying to ANZCA for higher points.
Still, it is an opportunity for those who do blocks in particular to network with others and discuss any problems they be having with equipment, assistants or their working environment. GCPH is close to GCUH and I would hope that the change of venue may attract some anaesthetists who work at both hospitals and find the trip to Pindara for other meetings a little difficult. It is a Friday but it should be over by 7.30!
I am trying the occasional Wednesday and here is a new venue. Please make every effort to support these local meetings!