(Posted on behalf of Naomi Pearson)
I would like to invite everyone to attend the SPANZA Paediatric Anaesthetic Update meeting to be held at GCUH on February 29th next year. This meeting is a fantastic opportunity to hear local and interstate speakers give practical updates on a variety of paediatric anaesthetic topics. We are also running three workshops to get some hands on experience but numbers are limited so get in quick! It is open to all anaesthetists, anaesthetic registrars, nurses and anaesthetic technicians so please invite your colleagues and assistants. Registrations are open at;
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Helen Crilly is running another Anaphylaxis workshop at John Flynn Hospital. This workshop is approved by ANZCA as an Emergency Response Activity for CPD purposes.
- Venue: Auditorium, John Flynn Hospital
- Date and Time: Saturday 29th July
- Cost: Nil
- Workshop description: The format involves some pre-reading, then practically using the updated anaphylaxis box to complete 3 different case scenarios in pairs, followed by a small group discussion to debrief and time for questions at the end. It will take 90 minutes.
To register, please log in and submit the form on the Anaphylaxis page.
Date: Saturday 26th November 2016
Time: 08:00 registration and opening, 13:00 finish.
Venue: Gold Coast Hospital, Education Block E, Seminar Room 3 & 4
TOPIC – Ultrasound Guided Nerve Blocks
• Subsatorial/Adductor Femoral and Lower Limb Nerve Blocks
• Para-vertebral Blocks
• Brachial Plexus and Upper Limb Blocks
Sponsored by Admedus
(Posted on behalf of Peter McLaren)
- Date: Friday 9th September
- Time: 5.30 for 6.00pm
- Topic: Deltex oesophageal doppler workshop
- Presenter: Lynne Bradshaw
- Venue: Seminar room 1, ground floor, Gold Coast Private Hospital.
Lynne Bradshaw from Bradshaw Muir medical has offered to present a workshop on the Deltex oesophageal Doppler on Friday, 9th September. This will make two local meetings in that month as well as the annual national ASA conference that some of you will be attending.
The attraction in accepting was that she will be bringing clinicians and educators with her who are coming out to present at the ASA conference and this was the Gold Coast’s chance to be included in their circuit. They will be bringing manikins, they have a paediatric probe as well and it will be quite hands-on.
The venue is changed; it will be seminar room 1 on the ground floor of the GCPH. 5.30 for 6. Food and drink supplied. Please RSVP for catering purposes. Parking passes will be supplied for those who don’t have a permanent one.
Attendance list now available for download.
Please log in to download attendance list
Jo Bruton is organising a week of team training emergency scenarios at the new Gold Coast Private Hospital (GCPH, the “new” Allamanda). The purpose of these activities is to test the emergency systems that will be in place at the new facility. You will be relying on these systems for real emergencies once the GCPH opens, so it is in your own best interests to participate!
- Dates: Monday 29/2 – Thursday 3/3/2016
- Times: 1800 – 2100
- Venue: Gold Coast Private Hospital
- Cardiac arrest and advanced life support
- Can’t intubate, can’t oxygenate
- Massive haemorrhage
Attendance will attract 2 credits per hour for ANZCA CPD under “Practice Evaluation – Team training scenario within own work environment, with usual work team.” (Please note that these do not fill the requirements for compulsory emergency response activities.)
Please let Jo know ASAP if you plan to attend, and if you are interested in helping run some of the activities. We need to know numbers to help plan the evenings.
Update – this workshop is now full. You can still register an expression of interest for future workshops at the Anaphylaxis page.
Dr Helen Crilly will be running an Anaphylaxis Workshop at John Flynn on Saturday morning 27 February 2016. The workshop gives local Anaesthetists the opportunity to attend an ANZCA approved Anaphylaxis Emergency Response Workshop at no cost.
- Venue: VMO Lounge, First Floor, John Flynn Medical Centre, John Flynn Hospital
- Time: 830am and 1030am (time for attendance advised by Dr Crilly once booked)
- Cost: Nil
- Workshop description: This 90 minute interactive workshop utilises case discussion and the anaphylaxis box to develop skill with using the ANZAAG/ANZCA Anaphylaxis management guidelines in the event of anaphylaxis emergency. Although paper-based, each participant will be required to consider their own approach to all questions. There is pre-reading required which can be found on line in the management section of the ANZAAG website – www.anzaag.com/Mgmt Resources.aspx
- Registration: You can register at the GCAPE Anaphylaxis page.
(Posted on behalf of Peter McLaren)
Annual Airway Workshop 2015
- Friday 12th June in the Allamanda lecture room
- 5 – 6.00pm – Technicians and nursing staff
- 6 – 7.00pm – Medical staff
Just a short notice on this year’s difficult airway workshop to be held at Allamanda Hospital on Friday, 12th June.
Syd has still to confirm all the participants but Storz will be there with the CMAC, Cook will be there with Ian Cameron demonstrating percutaneous cricothyroidotomy and we hope Ambu will be there to demonstrate the King Vision system recently acquired by Pacific Private. It’s a great chance for some hands-on experience with gear you may not use often. It may also help with deciding future equipment purchases, especially in areas such as ED and ICU where dedicated difficult airway equipment may not have the penetration of that in OR.
The format of other years will continue with more of a nursing staff orientation from 5 to 6pm and a more medical take on things from 6 to 7pm. Food and drink will be provided. It will be held in the education room, near the admin offices with access via the staff cafeteria.
A further notice will be sent closer to the date.
For some of you who have been incorrectly emailed. I am using an old contact list and any who no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply ‘unsubscribe’. For those of you who have enjoyed these workshops in the past, please forward this email on to other staff perhaps at other hospitals or in other units who may be interested. Continuing education certificates will be given to all participants. Please RSVP or contact Syd for catering purposes.
(Posted on behalf of Helen Crilly)
Happy 2015 everyone.
Just a quick note to let everyone know registration for the 2015 Anaphylaxis Emergency Response Workshop to be held Saturday 14 March 2015 at John Flynn Hospital is now on the Anaphylaxis page.